Friday, February 24, 2012

Addicted


I’m absolutely addicted to these aesthetically challenged pillows of delight.  It’s the 3rd weekend running that I’ve made them under the excuse of giving them away as gifts but have scoffed at least half of them each time. 

Willpower is definitely against my nature.  These chocolatey bites take a blink of an eye of make and half a blink to eat … at least 5! 


Heavenly Rocky Road (Based on Nigella Lawson’s Rocky Road recipe from How to be a Domestic Goddess)
200g milk chocolate
50g dark chocolate
80g chopped walnuts or brazil nuts
80g mini-marshmallows


1. Line a tray or cookie sheet with baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate over boiling water (I get very lazy and just stick it on the stove.  This is definitely not recommended as I’ve burnt the chocolate a couple of times). 
3. Mix the chopped nuts, mini-marshmallows and the melted chocolate.  Mix well.   
4. Drop teaspoonful’s (or tablespoonful’s if you prefer) of the mixture onto the tray. 
5. Leave to harden.
6. Lick the spoon and bowl.  And you’re done!

I added more nuts, marshmallows and dark chocolate than the original recipe to use up left over bits.  The recipe is very forgiving so you can modify the ratio based on what you have in the pantry.

I hope you have stronger willpower than I do.

9 comments:

  1. Yum.. i am passing this onto a few friends in the hopes they make some for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy, welcome back :), you can melt the chocolate in the microwave add a spoon of butter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I would melt it in the microwave too, one less pot to wash. :D Definitely delicious, almost like how I made the chocolate covered cornflakes cookies for CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt: make it yourself ;-)
    Everything4sweets: I used the microwave to melt chocolate today - worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Littlecorner: less washing is good! I always end up using too many pots and dishes when I cook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am makin this!look so simple and goood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It's really quick to make.

      Delete
  7. My willpower is weak!...

    Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...