I have spent most of my life not knowing what an Oreo tasted like. For some reason they never really appealed to me. I just thought that they looked like a dry chocolate biscuit with hard cream in the middle.
I always remember this TV advertisement years and years ago where this little boy is sitting on his doorstep when his mum brings him some milk and Oreos. He then separates an Oreo on his doorstep and his dog comes up and licks half of it, which doesn’t bother the little boy as he eats both halves! Obviously those Oreos are good enough to eat dog spit and all!
Anyway, I recently decided to try those Oreos and was pleasantly surprised! Now I just can’t get enough. I love the little packets of mini-Oreos, I like the packets of big Oreos, and I love Oreos in cupcakes.
Oreos in cupcakes has to be one of the coolest ideas. I think I came across it somewhere on the web or on Pinterest.
This is what I did:
1. Make a batch of your favourite cupcake batter. I used this recipe.
2. Line the cupcake tin.
3. Put 1 scoop of the batter in each liner.
4. Pop a large Oreo cookie onto the scoop of batter.
5. Top with a 2nd scoop of batter. Try not to overfill.
6. Bake as per recipe.
7. Ice/Frost and decorate as you please.