Sunday, April 21, 2013

Popcorn


How does it happen? 

How does time past by me so quickly? One minute it’s 2012 and the next, it’s not! I wish I could say that I’ve been doing lots of productive activities, climbing high peaks, achieving lifetime goals, but no, nothing like that. 


I feel a little like my 4 year old daughter who started “big” school last September. Big school is a constant flurry of activities. The children spend about half an hour for each activity before moving on to another one. 

When I pick her up from school and ask her what she did during the day, her first reaction is to say ‘nothing’. All those fun activities just blend into 1 long day, and the only thing that comes to her mind is ‘nothing’. 


And that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. Nothing. 


Well nothing, that is, apart from snacking! This is my current obsession: home-popped corn (as opposed to store bought already popped corn covered with preservatives and who-knows-what-else?). 


It’s really the simplest snack. Buy a packet of popping corn. Heat a teeny bit of oil in a saucepan, add the popping corn, put the saucepan cover on (very important!) and wait. You have at least 10 minutes of toddler entertainment just watching the saucepan!


We tend to eat it plain and unseasoned but season as you please.

1 comment:

  1. It has been too long since we have heard from you wokandspoon.... welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...